With the holidays around the corner, I thought I would dedicate this Charity of the Month to sharing a list of places in Orange County where you can volunteer some time to provide holiday cheer to those less fortunate. My compilation is a shorter version of a compilation already made by One OC (hey, why reinvent the wheel?). Click on the One OC link and check out the page number listed below to get contact information–I’m also providing links to each of the organizations in case you’d like to find out more about them. Get your volunteer on! (too cheesy, huh?)
- Families Forward in Irvine needs help preparing Thanksgiving bags (p. 11).
- Make a Wish Foundation needs volunteers in November and December for their Santa Letter Writing Campaign at Macy’s stores (p. 22)
- Colette’s Children’s Home in Placentia needs volunteers on November 25th for their Thanksgiving Feast for homeless women and children (p. 8), as well as November 26th in Huntington Beach (p. 9).
- American Family Housing in Westminster needs volunteers on Thanksgiving Day (November 28th) for serving, setting up, and breaking down a Thanksgiving dinner for homeless people (different shifts available, p. 3).
- Families Forward in Irvine needs help distributing gift bags to families (p. 11).
- Grandma’s House of Hope in Santa Ana (and multiple locations) needs help decorating their women’s shelter’s for the holidays (p. 15).
- Alzheimer’s Family Services Center in Huntington Beach needs help on December 3rd with setting up holiday decorations (p. 2).
- Giving Children Hope in Buena Park needs help wrapping Christmas presents on December 3-5th and 10-12th (p. 14).
- The Wooden Floor in Santa Ana is looking for people to donate a Christmas tree and decorate it for families that cannot afford one. Needs to be done by December 6th (p. 31).
- Child Guidance Center in Newport Beach needs help on December 7th and 8th setting up for and during their Annual Holiday Tree Fantasy Event at the Balboa Bay Club (p. 7).
- Colette’s Children’s Home needs volunteers for their Christmas Party at the Huntington Hyatt on December 19th (p. 9).