Did you know that this coming Saturday is “Small Business Saturday”? I didn’t know this was a thing until we had our own little shop in 2012. That experience made me realize how important it really is to support our local, small businesses. So, I thought I would share some of my favorite local small businesses with you (in no particular order).
- ORGANIC DESIGNS BY AGGELIGE (located in Costa Mesa): Some of the cutest succulent arrangements you’ll ever see, all hand made by our good freed Agg.
- UNURTH BY JENN LAMB (located in Los Angeles, webstore): we met Jenn when our shop was placed next to hers during a Patchwork Festival in what feels like ages ago. She makes some beautiful ceramic pieces and it’s my dream to own a hanging planter for a plant in my kitchen someday:
- SCOUT FOLKS BY ALLY SCOUT (located in Costa Mesa, website): I’ve known Ally for years, and I’m constantly blown away by her creativity and artistic talent, not to mention how much she can accomplish while having a full time job and two kiddos at home. Although I want all the things she sells, I’m currently itching to get these adorable kitchen towels.
- MAX & MITCH BY HAYLEE (located in Los Angeles, Etsy store): I met Haylee through my wedding planning jobs with Events by Katherine. Not only is Haylee great at event coordinating, she can make [tons of] very cool coffee mugs! I bought these for my cousin and her husband when they bought their home, and I’m sure it won’t be my last purchase from her shop. I mean…who wouldn’t want these…
And don’t forget, there’s also:
- Cyber Monday: shop via smile.amazon.com and select Haiti Scholarships as your organization, and Amazon will donate a portion of what you spend.
- Giving Tuesday: donate directly to Haiti Scholarships and help us reach our Giving Tuesday goal of raising enough to renew two scholarships for the 2017-2018 school year. Maybe even become a monthly donor!
Oh and a shameless plug for my ornament and bracelet fundraiser.